Here at Happy Homes Cleaning Company we want your home to look amazing whether you use our services or not. That’s why our friendly team will be releasing (over the next few weeks) our room by room guide to ensuring your house remains the envy of your neighbourhood. We hope you find it a useful and enjoyable read.
Family homes can go through a lot of wear and tear. Keeping up with laundry, dishes, and vacuuming from one week to the next can go a long way to maintaining a tidy house. Happy Homes recommend that twice a year you set aside some time to clean those spaces that might be neglected during routine cleaning. Give your living space a little extra love by following this room-by-room checklist on how to deep clean your home throughout the year.
Before you Begin:
1) Clear Away Clutter. Before you embark on a deep clean, you’ll need to do a light one. Pick-up any items that have accumulated on the floor, on top of counters and table tops, or draped across furniture, so that you can get to the places you need to.
2) Make a Game Plan. Plot out which rooms you’ll tackle and when, keeping in mind how much time you think it will take to do a thorough job. Don’t be afraid to break the work up into multiple days or even weeks. If you’ve got limited time, or a bigger house, (Remember: Deep cleaning is a marathon, not a sprint) Happy Homes Cleaning Company provide bespoke services for any budget.
3) Take Stock. Set yourself up for success by making sure you have everything you’ll need before you dig in. After getting started, the last thing you’ll want to do is mess up your rhythm by running out of something you need. Suggested supplies include:
• Baking soda
• Brush with stiff bristles
• Cleaning caddy (optional, but helpful)
• Dish soap
• Dusting cloths (microfiber works best)
• Garden hose (for yard work)
• Gloves to protect your hands
• Lint roller
• Mineral oil
• Multi-purpose cleaner
• Telescoping pole for high and hard-to-reach spaces
• Vacuum cleaner with extension accessories
• White vinegar
• Window and glass cleaner
• Wood cleaner and/or polish
Next scheduled post | 19th August | Week 2